OPRI has been leading the paradigm shift in real world evidence for the past 12 years, by utilising electronic medical records (EMR) and large claims databases to publish widely around the world. The velocity at which data are being generated, as well as the growing volume and diversity of data sources means research questions can frequently be answered from existing data sources, preventing the need for large and costly randomised controlled trials (RCTs).
We have supported our clients and academic partners to utilise global databases exploring:
- post launch clinical and comparative effectiveness
- post authorisation safety
- health economic and cost impact modelling
- natural history of disease
- unmet clinical need and burden of illness
- treatment patterns
OPRI’s founder, Professor David Price, has been a pioneer in setting new quality standards for database research which are fully adhered to by the research institute. These include:
- Respiratory Effectiveness Group (REG) quality standards
- European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance (ENCEPP)
Why use big database studies?
We have published over 100 database studies in high ranking peer review journals.