We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a Research Manager role.
You will have the scope and capability to develop research ideas, coordinate, supervise and manage high quality scientific research for both commercial and academic purposes. The successful candidate will work within a small, experienced team of international researchers and alongside our clinical, statistical and database colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies, registries and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
This role will be based in our Singapore, UK or Australian office on a full or part time basis. For highly experienced individuals international remote working will be considered.
- Responsible for research project management process throughout the entire life cycle
- Manage project budgeting, undertaking financial planning for each project
- Ensure compliance with internal and third-party requirements
- Support the effective governance of the project by maintaining regular dialogue with the delivery team and management; facilitating the running of formal and informal project meetings and producing timely reports and minutes; and acting on the advice, guidance and direction given by the senior management team
- Support the review and approval of all changes impacting on the project. Ensure that the appropriate project changes are established and implemented
- Adhere to and support the development of the OPRI’s project management standards, ensuring that all project management activity is undertaken to the highest professional standards consistent with this role
- Liaise will all teams within OPRI and its affiliated organisations throughout the project life cycle
- Develop and review project documentation including trial agreements, protocols, practice and patient information sheets, training materials, presentations, and other resources
- Develop and implement an appropriate communication and engagement strategy: identifying key stakeholders and, where required, establishing and maintaining their support of the project
- Liaise with study sponsors, funders and steering committee experts throughout the project; and facilitate the successful delivery of the project and proactively problem-solve if difficulties arise
- Plan and oversee the appropriate closure of the project, ensuring the effective handover and retention of documentation
- Undertake other appropriate delegated duties as required
- Preferred degree in life sciences, epidemiology, or biostatistics
- Qualification or relevant applied experience in project and possibly financial management
- Experience of leading health research projects from start to completion
- Experience working with healthcare data, observational studies or pragmatic trials
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases
- Qualification or at least five years’ experience in project (or financial) management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing, and creating content across all communication platforms, particularly in research settings
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work proactively using initiative and with limited supervision
- Ability to lead, as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and be part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated capability to manage workload independently and make informed decisions
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail including proof reading of materials, ensuring professional and accurate communications
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage complex events and programmes of work simultaneously
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive information and negotiate with key stakeholders on difficult issues
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn and assimilate new skills and take personal responsibility for development
Experience and Key Skills Required
About Observational Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI)
At OPRI we focus on improving disease management and patient outcomes by undertaking the highest quality observational and pragmatic clinical research. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make a difference. By collaborating with world-renowned clinical, academic and industry partners OPRI has published over 200 papers and is considered a dynamic and progressive company at the forefront of advances in global healthcare.
Further information is available at www.opri.sg.
Contract and Salary
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.