Does supporting world-class research which is driven by data quality excite you?
Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Observational & Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our data team. In this role you will be working alongside our research, statistical and database teams, and communicating directly with external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience of working directly with health research data (clinical trials and/or registries), have a high attention to detail, a proactive approach and strong time management and analytical skills.
In the role of Data Quality Coordinator, you would be responsible for data quality in relation to the International Severe Asthma Registry (ISAR). ISAR is the largest global research database on severe asthma patients, with data being provided from over 25 countries. The main responsibilities include:
- Visually reviewing raw patient level data submitted by contributing sites and/or countries for completeness and scientific accuracy – focused on the current research and science requirements
- Raising data quality/validation issues with the ISAR data team and participating countries (for example, out of range values, incorrect or missing data entries)
- Organise and administer the proactive monitoring of local data correction through country specific log sheets and follow up as necessary to obtain information regarding incomplete data or data entry errors (for example, to identify and follow up to resolve any inconsistencies across patient data or forms)
- Producing quarterly data quality reports for each participating country to determine the number of patients that meet the data quality benchmark (cut-offs) to be eligible for payments
- Perform automatic data quality control/checks on data upload to the central ISAR data repository
- Support the bi-weekly communications across all participating countries to motivate recruitment and update sites on their performance (recruitment growth charts and statistics)
- Escalate issues to the overall ISAR data team to lead/discuss during weekly data team meetings
- Attend to and solve data-related queries or requests from countries, including adding answer options/additional forms
- Track and monitor longitudinal data collection by tracking and reminding/scheduling sites to ensure a minimum of 1 visit is entered into the registry per year
- Provide support to the data and operational team on various data related initiatives as required
- BSc preferred, with strong technical or scientific experience with clinical trials and/or registries
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Experience of working directly with health research data (clinical trials and/or registries)
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical ability
- Expertise with Excel
- Experience working with real-life clinical databases; Structured Query Language (SQL); and/or
- OpenClinica would be an advantage but not essential
- Strong written and verbal business English skills, and an ability to communicate well with stakeholders globally
Contract and Salary
- Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
- Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and your experience.
- Immediate start is available.
- Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.