We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Writer who is passionate about communicating real world clinical research. The successful candidate will work within a small, experienced team of international researchers and medical writers. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies, registries, and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
The role can be based at our offices in Cambridge, Norfolk, Singapore or Brisbane (or remote working for experienced candidates). The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal skills, fluency in English, have a high attention to detail and the ability to interpret health data. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects and deliver quality work in accordance with project timelines. There will be opportunities for named authorship on publications.
- Develop publication plans with clients alongside our internal research leads
- Liaise with clients and scientific experts to develop publication material as required
- Draft and revise manuscripts suitable for journal publication
- Generate slide decks and posters for the purposes of client communication and conference presentation
- Develop physician education pieces
- Write press releases suitable for a variety of audiences
- Conduct literature research to develop written materials
- Undertake quality checks of written material generated by OPRI
- Minimum BSc in a life science subject such as Biomedical Science or Pharmacology
- Advanced degree: MSc or PhD preferred
- At least 3-5 years medical writing experience
- A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed journal publications
- Experience of interpreting and communicating complex health data to a variety of audiences
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- The ability to work self-sufficiently and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of leading manuscript writing from outline to submission
- Experience of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in written and verbal English
About Observational Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI)
At OPRI we focus on improving disease management and patient outcomes by undertaking the highest quality observational and pragmatic clinical research. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make a difference. By collaborating with world-renowned clinical, academic and industry partners OPRI has published over 200 papers and is considered a dynamic and progressive company at the forefront of advances in global healthcare.
Further information is available at www.opri.sg.
Contract and Salary
- Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
- Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the apply now button below. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.