Does supporting world-class research which is driven by data quality excite you?
Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Observational & Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our data team. In this role you will be working alongside our research, statistical and database teams, and communicating directly with external stakeholders.
As part of our database team, you will provide administrative support to an ever-growing estate of databases, one of which is the International Severe Asthma Registry (ISAR) the largest global research database on severe asthma patients containing electronic medical records of severe asthma patients from over 25 countries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in improving the health outcomes of patients through large scale clinical services and supporting important research which has been proven to impact clinical management and improve patient care.
- Working within the database team alongside other IT support teams, with responsibilities including:
- General database administration duties including data entry
- Creation and management of Security Access privileges whilst ensuring that the principle of least privilege is being adhered to
- Ensuring backups are being performed and that completed backups are routinely tested; performing ad-hoc backup and restore requests
- Building and monitoring the customised electronic case report forms (eCRFs) for participating countries on the OpenClinica Platform
- Resolving issues on OpenClnica as they arise and escalating to the team as appropriate
- Administrative support with OpenClinica including managing user access/ login details; updating variables
- Providing data entry training to participating countries’ personnel
- Monitoring and recording patient recruitment numbers for participating countries on a weekly basis
- Other ad-hoc duties to ensure the efficient administration of the ISAR database
- Contribute to and maintain technical documentation and operatingprocedures
- Provide support to the data and operational team on various data related initiatives asrequired
- BSc preferred, with strong technical or scientific experience
- Experience in database administration and data entry systems preferred
- Expertise with Excel essential
- Experience of working directly with health research data (clinical trials and/or registries) would bean advantage
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical ability (software development skills or interest)
- The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, a proactive approach and strong time management and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal business English skills
Contract and Salary
- Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience
- Immediate start is available
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Audio Clip for Exercise 3