The Observational & Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI) is an innovative organisation striving to improve the lives of patients through global research.
We are looking for a Global Research Project Manager to lead OPRI’s global research activities, including pragmatic clinical trials and epidemiological real world evidence studies from in-house and external global data sources.
Reporting to the company founder and Directors you will be an effective member of the Global Senior Management team. You will lead the OPRI organisations registered in the UK and Singapore and an amazing team of 20 international workers, passionate about delivering high quality research and improving patient outcomes.
Applicants will be considered who can demonstrate experience in managing global research activities, leading international teams and a proven background of developing innovative business solutions. An understanding or experience of epidemiological respiratory research will be an advantage.
The position will be home based in the UK with the expectation of regular travel to our Aylsham, Norfolk and/or Cambridge office. There will be a requirement to travel internationally several times each year.
- Manage the core research activities of the organisations, liaising with the Directors, employees, international stakeholders, clients and collaborators to ensure delivery of projects in line with contractual agreements.
- Represent the organisation professionally during conferences and internal and external meetings, build trusted relationships both in person and virtually.
- Support the recruitment and coordination of research collaborators, identify opportunities for business development and collaborations with key international partners.
- Manage the work allocation and activities of the international project teams, epidemiologists, statisticians, writers, and data management teams. Provide support, training, and guidance as appropriate.
- Develop and review project documentation including trial agreements, protocols, practice and/or patient information sheets, training materials, presentations, and other operational resources.
- Oversee the use of EMR data including the coding and verification of data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures for subsequent analysis.
- Develop reporting systems/slides for communication to the Directors/senior management team and respective funding organisations regarding operational delivery.
- Ensure the organisation is fully resourced, develop the OPRI Faculty, expand the organisational network and promote the company through conferences, collaborations and marketing opportunities.
- Transform identified business opportunities into research activities, work with the Commercial and Legal Director to ensure appropriate contracting is in place and milestone delivery meets expectations.
- A relevant post graduate degree in epidemiology, life sciences, biostatistics or equivalent.
- Experience of leading the delivery of multiple research projects, ideally across international locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and creating content across all communication platforms, particularly in research settings.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to work under pressure.
- High attention to detail, and ability to work proactively on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple events and programmes of work simultaneously
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive information and negotiate on difficult issues
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients
- The ability to work autonomously, influence others and communicate effectively are essential to this role
- Experience of observational and pragmatic trials.
- Experience with primary care-based research studies.
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases.
- Ability to analyse and interpret health data.
- A strong understanding of respiratory disease management