About Observational Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI)
At OPRI we focus on improving disease management and patient outcomes by undertaking the highest quality observational and pragmatic clinical research. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make a difference. By collaborating with world-renowned clinical, academic and industry partners OPRI has published over 200 papers and is considered a dynamic and progressive company at the forefront of advances in global healthcare.
We have an exciting opportunity within our growing research institute for an Academic Assistant to lead institute-wide administrative services and provide support to the academic publications team. This position supports the Institute’s operations across a range of administrative functions including communications, events support and publications. The successful applicant will liaise with a range of academic, research and administrative staff as well as external stakeholders from all areas of the health sector.
This position would suit a motivated, diligent, and personable administrator who has an eye for detail and enjoys working independently and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Provide institute-wide administrative services including communications, travel, research output capture and reporting
- Manage communications with research institute contacts and maintain online project management tools
- Support the senior management team, including Managing Director, Research & Operations Director and Commercial & Legal Director
- Coordinate and administer events including annual conferences, workshops and virtual meetings
- Assist with the preparation of communications; proofread manuscripts; format, collate and disseminate documents
- Perform other general duties required to support the daily operations of the InstituteSupport the publications team in relation to publication and dissemination of scientific research
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work independently when required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a proven ability to liaise effectively at all levels with a diverse range of people.
- Evidence of diligence and attention to detail in the production of quality documentation, entering of data and preparation of meeting papers and reports
- High level of communication skills in English – both verbal and written
- High level computer skills, including word processing packages, spreadsheets, databases, email, internet, bibliographic referencing applications
- Proven ability to prioritise workload, work efficiently and cooperate with others to meet deadlines
- An interest in scientific research and publications
- Bachelor’s degree
Candidates with experience of the academic field would be preferred. Familiarisation with medical or scientific terminology would provide a distinct advantage. The position is ideally suited to a degree educated candidate who can work efficiently and communicate effectively to academic contacts.
A competitive salary is offered commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
Please provide your work visa status, start date availability and any salary expectations when you submit your application for this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you.
Audio Clip for Exercise 3